Guide to securing personal information
July 12, 2017, Revised
Collection and use of personal information
This website may provide you with the opportunity to voluntarily submit forms to request and(or) enquiry additional information from A&P. In the course of these transactions, you may provide A&P with personal and demographic information or possibly detailed social information. A&P will use the information you provide solely to help A&P respond to your request and(or) enquiry. As part of your researching request or fulfilling your enquiry, your information may be shared with A&P employees and(or) third parties without limitation.
A&P may use and disclose your activity information unless restricted by this policy or by law.
Some examples of the ways A&P may use your activity information include:
- Customising your experience on the website including managing and recording your preferences.
- Marketing, product development, and research purposes.
- Tracking resources and data accessed on the website.
- Developing reports regarding website usage, activity, and statistics in aggregate.
- Assisting users experiencing website problems.
- Providing you with access to particular tools and services and enabling certain functions and tools on this website.
- Tracking paths of visitors to this website and within this website.
- Administration of your accounts.
- Responding to your inquiries and sending you administrative and other communications.
Except as noted above, A&P will not release individualised information obtained through this website to another party unless required to do so by government authorities, legal processes, or otherwise required by law.
Although A&P will make all reasonable efforts to preserve your privacy, A&P may disclose your information as follows:
- In special cases such as, to protect any individual’s personal safety, health or welfare including without limitation if you threaten to harm yourself or others.
- Someone believes that abuse or neglect might be occurring. Information concerning such abuse or neglect would be reported to the appropriate authorities.
- When you consent to disclosure in writing.
- If you pose a danger to yourself or others or threaten to commit a serious crime. This disclosure could involve law enforcement and, in the case of harm to others, the potential victim.
- To comply with any subpoenas or court orders, to protect rights or defend any legal or administrative proceedings, or is in good faith necessary to comply with any laws or legal requirements.
- To your payer organisation or others responsible for the payment of the services to you.
- In the event of a sale or change in corporate control, for example, a merger, a sale of assets, or bankruptcy.
- To affiliates, A&P business partners, vendors, suppliers and agents and others providing or participating in the services or functionality for the services to you, such as financial institutions, suppliers, providers, delivery services, parties providing hosting services, and web and technical support providers, as is necessary or required in connection with the operation, maintenance and support of this website, applicable software, and(or) the services, in which case A&P will request that such third parties maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Your sensitive information is encrypted and transmitted to A&P in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or by looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
You agree that any comments, suggestions, or other information sent to A&P by way of this site are provided without restriction or obligation on A&P and A&P will be free to use such information on an unrestricted basis. You also agree:
- That information submitted is at your own risk,
- A&P has no liability with respect to any unauthorised access by third parties,
- You are responsible for whatever material you submit, and
- You, not A&P, have full responsibility for any submitted message, including its legality, reliability, accuracy, completeness, appropriateness, originality, and copyright.
Email addresses are collected as part of the activity process for the website. Email addresses are used to notify users of website activity related to the security and privacy of their requests, enquiries and accounts, such as requests to change an email address. A&P does not sell, rent, lease or give away user email addresses. A&P does not share your email information with third parties other than for providing service to you.
Risk of human error
Threats to personal information can be internal or external as well as malicious or unintentional. Privacy breaches can arise as a result of human activity or events such as natural disasters. Human error is regularly claimed as the cause of privacy incidents; meanwhile, entities should assume that human error will occur and design for it. Research has shown that human error could be seen as a trigger rather than a cause of an incident. Information security risk assessments will enable you to design practices, procedures and systems to deal with the foreseeable risk of human error and minimise its effect.
A&P’s website has links to various other websites that we think might be useful or of interest to you. A&P cannot take any responsibility for, and does not endorse the privacy practices or the content of, its linked websites. A&P urges you to review the privacy policies of any websites you visit once you leave A&P’s website. Links to various non-A&P websites do not constitute or imply endorsement by A&P of these websites, any products or services described on these sites, or of any other material contained within them.
Minor under the age of 18 must consult with a parent or guardian and will not use this website without consent, monitoring, and assistance of such a parent or guardian.
Parents and Guardians
Parents and guardians are responsible for providing supervision of their minor’s use of this website or any A&P website. Parents and guardians assume full responsibility for ensuring that all information supplied by or on behalf of their minor is kept secure and is accurate for all use of this website or any A&P website by or for their minor.
Policy is subject to change